Clients can refer themselves or be referred via another support organisation. On receipt of a referral, their case is reviewed by an Immigration Caseworker and, if accepted, will be allocated to one of our Caseworkers or pro bono Legal Teams.
Please note, all referrals are subject to screening, and acceptance of a case is dependant upon the capacity of the charity to accept new cases.
We can only accept appeals to the First Tier Tribunal.
Please click the Appeal Referral Form link below to download a referral form and return it to us via email, fax, post, or deliver it to us in person to our offices based in Leeds. Please contact us for any further assistance regarding appeals referral.
- We can only help with Fresh Claims for asylum for those whose first asylum application has been refused, and who are unable to obtain legal aid
- The only way to refer/self refer a Fresh Claim is by attending one of our drop-In sessions;
- Every Thursday 10am -12pm at St. Vincent De Paul’s, Curtis Building, 4 Berking Avenue, Leeds, LS9 9LF.
- Each client will have a 15 minute slot with a qualified Immigration Caseworker who will assess their case and make a decision as to whether we can assist them
- If we are able to assist a client they will be informed of this during their consultation, and added to our waiting list for allocation to a caseworker. They will receive a letter confirming approximate waiting times for this, we expect this to be between 6-10 weeks. Due to limited resources we are unable to update clients during the period between consultation and case allocation, but will contact them once we are able to commence work on their case; we appreciate your understanding with this.
We are unable to help with:
- Initial asylum claims
- Applications for permission to appeal
- Judicial Reviews
- Other non-asylum immigration matters
- Client’s travel expenses and costs related to medical reports, expert reports and translations
If you are an asylum seeker requiring practical and/or emotional support, please visit our Useful Links page for more information on local organisations providing these services.